Which Holistic Treatments are Best for Pain Management?
Are you wondering which holistic treatments are best for pain management? When you hear about holistic treatment or medicine, do you know what that means? It means that they are using alternative options instead of traditional medical treatments. When these types of treatments are mixed with traditional medicine, they are called complementary medicine. We are going to talk about some of the holistic treatments that help with pain.
Types of Holistic Treatments
While there are many types of holistic treatment options, you need to find one that fits your needs. A few of the holistic or alternative medical treatments available are as follows:
- Dry Needling
There are many more types of holistic treatments available. However, these are some of the most common. In the past ten years, there has been a substantial amount of evidence that shows that holistic treatments do provide relief. They are helpful whether they are used alone or with common medical practices.
The Best Holistic Treatment For Pain
Acupuncture is one of the best treatments. It has been used to help treat or manage over thirty different diseases. Plus, one of the main uses of acupuncture is for pain management. It was in the 16th century that the Chinese believed illness was caused from the imbalanced energy in the body.
Today, acupuncture is used to stimulate the meridians of the body. These are also known as the canals that channel your energy. The needles are inserted into these areas of the body and helping resist or even improve many different conditions.
Acupuncture – How it Works
When acupuncture is used for pain management or relief, it is done by the increase of endorphins. Endorphins are the chemicals that block the brain from perceiving pain. The insertion points used in acupuncture are near nerves.
The nerve in the body becomes stimulated and start to feel full or even ache. When this happens, the muscle or muscles will send messages to your brain and your spinal cord. This is your central nervous system. This is where the brain will automatically release the pain-relieving chemicals. The chemicals that are released are compared to morphine. When a person is in pain or stress, this chemical can be released.
With this combination, the brain will not perceive pain as much as it was before. If you continue treatment for extended periods of time, it could help eliminate the pain completely.
Benefits of Acupuncture for Pain Relief
When you are in pain, you would try anything for relief. Acupuncture might be worth your time. Studies have found that it helps many people with pain. Those who received acupuncture had less pain than the people who did not have acupuncture sessions.
There are many benefits to using acupuncture as a pain relief option. This is especially true for those who are having back pain or other nerve pains. The best benefits are those listed below.
- There are no drugs involved during the process. This means that the side effects are minimal, and you will not have an adverse reaction.
- Because it uses needles near nerves, you can target areas that are specific to your pain. This allows for a more targeted approach to the pain.
- The treatment does not take long. You can come and go within an hour and a half. Some people may only spend thirty minutes in the office.
- It is a useful option for long-term relief from chronic pain.
- Pain can be alleviated by one session and improved with continued sessions. It can be used for instant relief.
- Just keep in mind that if you do not return for sessions as the specialist says, it will not be providing you relief for long.
- Treatment is based on your situation. Specialists can determine how many sessions and where the needles need to be placed based on your condition.
- This allows for a more direct and faster approached treatment method. This means that your pain will be gone faster than with other treatments.
If you want to investigate acupuncture as a treatment for your pain relief, you can contact Dynamic Acupuncture and Wellness. They have licensed acupuncturists that can help alleviate and reduce your pain. Taking the time to care for your pain is important and living life without pain is one of the best things that you can do.
You should now know which holistic treatments are best for pain management and we wish you the best!